High-Reliability, Non-Explosive (Split-Spool) Separation Nuts and Electromechanical Release Mechanisms for Dependable Stowage and Release of Deployable Space Systems
Glenair space mechanisms are optimized for foolproof release reliability with built-in mechanical and electrical redundancy. The planned release of the deployable satellite/payload is activated by a pre-determined value of electrical current to a fuse-wire system which causes the wire to break under tension and allows a pre-loaded mechanical bolt to actuate. Glenair's line of low-shock, redundant and nonredundant space mechanisms includes both HDRM devices as well as a family of pin pushers and pin pullers. Customer-defined housing and mounting configurations are available. Consult factory for specific device TR level and qualification test reports.
- Pyrotechnic-free alternative for single event release of deployable space systems
- User-serviceable and refurbishable units
- Standard catalog as well as custom designs
- Not susceptible to transient and noise (EMI / EMP / ESD / RFI) inputs
- Extended temperature ranges: -150°C to +150°C
More Information on HDRM’s